Who doesn’t want more great stuff in their life?! know after 2020 I really do, so this year I set off really exploring different ways I can do this.
I have always loved creating visions and vision boards and have found them useful. This year I am taking it to the next level. I’m learning that visioning is more than just a great way to think about what you want. When done properly, it is a channel to manifesting what you want in your life. Believe me or not, I’m not here to prove the science. I am just sharing with you a method that has worked for me and countless others so that you can successfully manifest for yourself. This is about having a little faith!
‘You have got to believe it to see it’
- Dr Wayne Dyer.
It all begins with ‘The Law of Attraction’. The Law of Attraction is a Universal Law - meaning they are absolute and exist whether you believe they do or not. The Law of Attraction simply says that ‘that which is like unto itself, is drawn’. This means that if we think it will happen (good or bad) it will. For example, if I believe that I am unhealthy, I can not attract health, or if I think I am poor, I will attract more poverty. The same is true for the reverse, if I believe I am joyful, I will attract more joy and if I believe that people are kind, I will meet more kind people.
Let’s do a really simple exercise:
Think about what in your life you are fed up of. What do you think about and keep creating more of? Are you angry and see more angry people in your life or are you tired and create more tiredness in your life? When you believe that bad things are coming – they do, the saying ‘things are going from bad to worse’ is a common one.
Now reverse this. What in your life do you enjoy? What do you believe you are good at, do you believe you are very lovable and therefore have many loving relationships in your life, or do you believe you are healthy and create more health in your life? Remember ‘that which is likened to itself, is drawn’ So if you believe you can or you can’t - you are right.
Now we know this, we get to intentionally change our thoughts and create - HOW EXCITING!!
When we are visioning we have to be clear and give our attention to what we want and at the same time be mindful to not give our attention to what we don’t want. When we really understand the power of this we can see changes come into our life very quickly.
To create a vision we need a few things:
First you must deliberately create what you want in detail so you have a clear idea of what you want to manifest in your life.
The more you believe in your vision and create exciting positive emotion around it, the quicker it will come into reality.
By being clear and then believing you can have what you want, you can create your life intentionally. By creating joy and play in your life you will attract more, so if all else fails – have fun, create more joy and watch more joy come.
The following exercise is going to help you create intentionally and bring your vision to life.
How to vision
You will need some plain pieces of paper and some pens.
· At the top write down your vision or dream – 1 per page, and no more than 3 visions (whilst you are starting) so that you can keep focused
· Underneath your dream write ‘These are the reasons I want this’
· Then write all the reasons you want your vision – this creates clarity
· Turn the piece of paper over and then write ‘This is why I believe I can have this’
· Write all the reasons you believe this dream is yours, make it exciting and create energy and belief
· Put your vision on the wall and each day spend 15 minutes imagining your dream is real
· After you have visioned, let go of your dream for the rest of the day but look for signs that things are changing, maybe a phone call, an opportunity or just how you feel
· Do this for 30 – 60 days, without agenda or desperation, just relaxed, clear and with the belief that it will come.
This really is so powerful, just play with it for yourself, trust the process and watch the magic unfold. Remember if you start to doubt you will create more doubt, so believe believe believe.
*adapted from The Law of Attraction – Jerry and Esther Hicks